Subject: [Leica] Deconstructing Time's 2016 Person of the Year cover
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 21:05:02 -0500

Its called DIYPhotography "hacking photography for the love of it".
I'm just saying because there's a big deal going on  now about "real news"
and how to spot it and this ain't it.
There is no page for " DIY Photography" on Wiki.
Its not a news source its a blog. Perhaps done by some very nice hackers
with a side interest in cameras as those get plugged into your PC too!
By the way there is a DIY Photography Photography studio in Chesterfield
Utah so somebody saved money on a trademark search.
Not a real business!

All I can say it photographers photograph and writers write.
And they've been having a field day reading all kinds of BS into this image.
Huffington post really a real deal for news says: " Time Magazine Cover
Reduces Trump To Full-On Goop" with a graphic of his face melting which is
pretty good.
Now what will "Goop" say I get these emails from Gwyneth Paltrow. Its her
thing.

The thing I'd read on it on my morning cup of coffee which was the first
thing I saw on the top of my news feed from the web edition of  The Forward
a Jewish paper published here in NY since 1897. May have leaned a tad to the
left but a fairly reliable source but the guy said ( Nadav Kander the
photographer  from Israel) that the look of Kodachrome was synthesized and
that makes you  think of the leaders we had in WWII and with that which is
when my eyes got glazed over.
>http://forward.com/culture/356537/why-times-trump-cover-is-a-subversive-work-of
-political-art/
Some of it is a bit interesting.
You're allowed to read it if you're not Jewish.
:
" Time Magazine?s annual ?Person of the Year? announcement is, year after
year, grossly misunderstood. Time Magazine is clear on its sole criterion ?
?the person who had the greatest influence, for better or worse, on the
events of the year? ??yet, do a simple search on Twitter and you will find
countless people who seem to think that the ?Person of the Year? selection
is tantamount to an endorsement. Previous winners have included Joseph
Stalin (1939, 1942), Ayatollah Khomeini (1979), Adolf Hitler (1938), and
other figures who I think it is safe to assume the Time staff does not
endorse."

Notice how its Person of the year not Man of the year?
It was changed it to Person of the year in 1999 around 18 years ago. Round
it off to two decades. That's because these is real journalism not a blog

"Man of the year Mary Smith invented a chemical substitute for long
underwear this year. Pres elect Trump announced she will not have to pay
taxes for the rest of her life and get the best tables at all NY
Restaurants." News at eleven.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer