Subject: [Leica] IMG: Testing SL For Milky Way Imaging
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 02:13:02 -0400

I think there may not be noise so much in the sky like in the land at the
bottom. Was the land dodged I?d bet it was?

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 6/21/17, 7:39 PM, "LUG on behalf of Steve Barbour"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
stevebarbour at mac.com> wrote:

    > On 6/21/2017 4:28 PM, Robert Adler wrote:
    >> Last night I went up to Silver Lake in the Sierras. It's at about
7,800'
    >> elevation. I went to see how the SL with the SL24-90mm would work with
    >> Milky Way photography. The two images were taken at 12,500 ISO @ 24mm,
    >> f/2.8 with a 20second exposure. I shot from 10:30pm until 3:00am...
    >>
    >> Though there is a lot of noise, I don't find it distracting. The
drama of
    >> the center of our galaxy seems to outweigh any noise issues. Please
click
    >> on the image to make it larger to fit your screen:
    >>
    >> http://www.robertadlerphotography.com/p133735760/h8e052599#h8e052599
    >>
    >> I would appreciate others' opinions as to whether or not they find the
    >> noise distasteful or does it look more like film grain. The images
were
    >> post processed in Capture 1.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any opinions in advance,

    First time I looked I felt it was pretty noisy, just looked again came
to a different conclusion. I like it Bob. The "noise" may be due to the vast
number of stars that you have captured,

    WOW !!

    steve

    .