Subject: [Leica] Ektachrome makes a comeback
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 05:19:06 +0800

Friends

Some years ago, the town crier shouted, "Film is dead!" The faint hearted
folks, upon hearing boding of impending disaster and recalling what it was
like during the terrible days of the Black Plague, jettisoned their film
gear.

Today, I am told sales of digital cameras are dropping. Many digital tech
geeks found it hard to sustain purchase of new gear that loses value so
fast. The real killer is probably hand phone cameras now becoming good
enough for serious photographers. Want a Leica lens? The Huawei makes the
phone and our dear Leica supplies their camera lens.

Now where is that town crier who said, "Film is dead"?

Dan K
Singapore

Replies: Reply from hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr) ([Leica] Ektachrome makes a comeback)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Ektachrome makes a comeback)