Subject: [Leica] URL: M10 interview with Stefan Daniel
From: john at mcmaster.fr (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:05:27 +0000

Because there is a short distance between the rear element and the sensor
there are micro lenses to aid as you get further from the sensor. Also a
thinner glass cover.

http://www.the.me/the-leica-m-max-sensor-explained/

These are the reasons that M non-retrofocus lenses do not play well with
standard Sony, and I have read neither with the SL, compared to SLR style
lenses.

john