Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bellows
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 01:04:27 -0000

Yes, Jim, it is M42 and has the Asahi thread pitch. Though it just says
"Bellowscope, Japan" on the front plate, and is a dual rail, I think it was
made for Asahi. Can't find images of it on the net when I had a brief look.
Anyway, like me, despite its poor decorative repair, it still works. The
great thing about digital is that you can see instantly what you get and can
adjust accordingly.

Similarly, I have an old Spiratone 400mm f6.3 and even though it looks M42,
it isn't. It does thread on for a turn, but locks due I think to a different
thread pitch, and thus doesn't focus properly. Sometime, when I have a bit
more time, I'll stick it on my heavier Manfrotto tripod and see how far it's
out, and maybe try to get some sort of adaptor

Douglas