Subject: [Leica] Waterproofing - was M8 failure in snow
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 23:04:10 +0000

Worthwhile thinking about, Frank. The other four adaptors I have are
Fotodiox too, and work well. However, the water resistance of the Sony
worries me, and, as sport, and especially sports like mountain running,
leave you very exposed to rapid and intense weather changes, I'd be
reluctant to have its innards fried with the slightest chance of an
electrical short.

That said if my knees let me down, and I can't get back to climbing up
(well, really the going down bit kills me) the race routes, I'll
probably feel sorry for the unused Nikon lenses and get that adaptor
too. My next planned adaptor is for Miranda as I have a couple of nice
Miranda lenses from my Sensomat RE, and curiosity, as usual, will get
the better of me :-)

Douglas