Subject: [Leica] Another chosen by Nat Geo.
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:06:58 -0500

Interesting story, Gerry.  I spent my pre-teen years on a small farm,
about 120 acres.  This was during the depression years of the 1930s, and
my dad raised a garden, corn, cotton and some hogs, in addition to the
family milk cow.  To tame the small brush and weeds in the hog lot, he
bought some goats.  The male, or "billy goat", was a monster, and
behaved accordingly.  On one occasion, my mother, sister and I were
enjoying a picnic in a grove in the pasture when the billy goat broke
out and headed toward us, head lowered.  We ran across a field to where
some men were building a cattle pen, and they hit the goat in the head
with a hammer, which got his attention.  Shortly afterward, the farm
workers enjoyed a goat feast.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA