Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Miranda Musings
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:54:02 +0100

Having a couple of lenses for my once used (10 years ago) Miranda
Sensomatic RE, I bought yet another Fotodiox adapter for my Sony as the
other ones (L39, M42, K, and OM mount) all seem to work well.

However, I'm not sure that the Miranda one is as effective as the
others, or else the 25/2.8 Miranda lens isn't great. Ten years ago I ran
one film through the camera when I picked it up in a charity shop, but,
as I had Leicas, Nikons, etc. among my sixty cameras, I never got around
to using it again. Here is a shot I took ten years ago with the lens
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50543475 at N00/435692550/

If I remember correctly, it was a b&w conversion too.

Anyway, here are the results using the Sony and the Fotodiox. The three
links are versions of a single image.

Woman with two dogs (uncropped) Seapoint, Co. Dublin. Sony A7ii with
Miranda 25/2.8 lens. See LARGE.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Spt_08042017_2dogs_Miranda24_lge.jpg.html

Woman with two dogs (cropped) Seapoint, Co. Dublin. Sony A7ii with
Miranda 25/2.8 lens. See LARGE.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Spt_08042017_2dogs_Miranda24_Med.jpg.html

B&W conversion. Woman with two dogs (tight cropping) Seapoint, Co.
Dublin. Sony A7ii with Miranda 25/2.8 lens. See LARGE.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Spt_08042017_2dogs_Miranda24_SmBW.jpg.html

I'll post another couple of different images later, but I'd say the
lenses and its adapter will go back in a box until I have my darkroom
set up again.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography) ([Leica] IMGs: Miranda Musings)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs: Miranda Musings)