Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/4/2017: morning walk in Copenhagen
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 20:43:44 +0530

Douglas,
The response from the rest of the Commonwealth, save for New Zealand,
Australia and Canada, should be a healthy (maybe not...) eye opener for the
Brexit fanboys. What does the UK have to offer that we want today, anyway?
Very little, even Indian Whisky is good enough nowadays, I am afraid. In
fact, I can think of nothing that cannot be sourced elsewhere. After all,
UK-India trade accounts for less than 2% of our imports/exports - fairly
inconsequential. So much so that trade with most of the Commonwealth will
sputter and stall unless the UK is willing to make some big sacrifices.

It seems to me that the electorate in the West, starting with Brexit, the
US and various countries in the EU are determined to hand over the baton of
world leadership to Asia and disappear into the perceived safety of their
cocoons.

Interesting times, lets see what happens!

Cheers
Jayanand

Cheers
Jayanand