Subject: [Leica] Yosemite Under Water
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 16:55:47 -0700

Hi Geoff,
Thanks!

The water is turning into a real problem now. Most likely the towns in the
eastern sierras (mown as the Owens Valley) will be flooded (from June Lake
down to Lone Pine). The Army Corp of Engineers is clearing the very old and
poorly maintained aqueduct to LA, but none of the local drainage
infrastructure will fail from so much dead debris caused by so many years of
drought.

The Truckee and June Lake area are beginning to experience this. The Owens
Valley is a natural flood plain: doubtful that area will escape severe
damage.

We stayed at the Yosemite View Lodge just outside the El Portal park
entrance. The northern entrance was closed and the southern entrance is
pretty far away (the Tanaya Lodge is  there where you may have stayed).

We like the View Lodge because it's the closest place from which to enter
the valley floor. 5 star prices for a 2.5 star room, but it's all about
location...

Hope all's well with you, and thanks again.
Best,
Bob

Bob Adler
www.robertadlerphotography.com