Subject: [Leica] B&W developers
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:41:38 -0400

You can?t really say ?Pyro? is ?Good? or ?Bad? because there are a bunch
of pyro-based developers out there. I use PMK and with most of the films I
have used it with, the tonality is gorgeous. Ilford FP4 and HP5 are my
favorites, but I have gotten great results with Tmax 100, Tmax 400, and
Fuji Acros.

There are modern Pyro developers that have been designed for modern films,
like PMK and Pyrocat. Older ones don?t work well with modern films, and
that may be why you don?t think highly of Pyro.

I?m not doing stand developing. PMK won?t work for that, it needs frequent
agitation or it gives streaks and uneven developing.

Here?s some examples:

FP4 in PMK:

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1758

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1628

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1575

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2029

HP5 in PMK:

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1824

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1866

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1756

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1757

Pan-F in PMK:

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1645

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 6/14/17, 2:32 PM, "LUG on behalf of lluisripollphotography"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of