Subject: [Leica] Looking for 8x10 (and 4x5) "throwaways"
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 16:38:43 -0400

I don't think I overreacted at all. The initial comment was just
insensitive but this group has often sided with "traditional" ways of
thinking that are insensitive. For example, no one reacted at all to
the "cheeky" comment in this thread about a "native boy" to carry
around the P2. Call me sensitive, call me what you will but this
thinking and commentary, however harmless it may seem, comes from a
place deeply rooted in a caste society. These days, in the USA and some
places abroad, it has become more acceptable to be offensive to
whomever, especially on the internet, so that door swings both ways.
I don't want to make any personal attacks, but as I have said in the
past, there are just a few antiquated ways of communicating out
there that bolster insensitivity and keep some very old and unsavory
thoughts alive.

Phil Forrest