Subject: [Leica] IMG: Testing SL For Milky Way Imaging
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:28:40 -0700

Last night I went up to Silver Lake in the Sierras. It's at about 7,800'
elevation. I went to see how the SL with the SL24-90mm would work with
Milky Way photography. The two images were taken at 12,500 ISO @ 24mm,
f/2.8 with a 20second exposure. I shot from 10:30pm until 3:00am...

Though there is a lot of noise, I don't find it distracting. The drama of
the center of our galaxy seems to outweigh any noise issues. Please click
on the image to make it larger to fit your screen:

http://www.robertadlerphotography.com/p133735760/h8e052599#h8e052599

I would appreciate others' opinions as to whether or not they find the
noise distasteful or does it look more like film grain. The images were
post processed in Capture 1.

Thanks for any opinions in advance,
Bob

Bob Adler