Subject: [Leica] Vertical Verticals
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 18:53:14 -0700

Hi Gerry,

As I've always said! How any photographer sees their images is truly all
that matters, anytime? Despite thoughts "GOOD, BAD or UGLY " by others.

If "your style" is slightly off perfect centre? That is your way of seeing
your images and that's cool! If others see it differently? That's their
problem, not yours!  Those of the past weren't, nor as great as many of
today and the shortly past of today.

Yep, I know I just stepped in deep-do-doo! J Quite frankly, if we compare
images shown here on the LUG quite often to those of the long gone past?

Some of the CREW would blow them right out of the water due to their unique
"Observation" as well as the images captured.

Sure I like nice straight edges, verticals and horizontals. And yes I have
on many a photo pointed out crooked bits to photogs.

But I don't make a big thing out of them. Simply because?

My verts and horizontals would all be arrow straight! "WHY?"

Because, The magazine "PHOTO EDITOR" who would have assigned me and paid a
handsome day rate would expect my lines to be perfectly straight!

And if not? He or she would point it out quite strongly!

And I would make fastidious corrections to their wishes immediately!! WHY??

Well they don't expect a lousy job when they're paying for a perfectly
straight line in any direction!

cheers,

Dr. Ted Grant O.C.