Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMG: Last group from Cesky Krumlov
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 07:22:17 +0200

I think the views of the town and the portrait of the pastry seller are
among your best images from the trip.
Thanks for the link to Novakova?s work. Indeed, Czechoslovakia, as it was
then, was quite oppressive, especially after the 1968 crushing of the Prague
Spring. Poland was relatively freer, I think partly because the censors were
stupid old men who did not understand modern art. Also, materially the
Czechs (and East Germans) were better off than the Poles?this was part of
the social contract of those regimes?less freedom, more consumer goods than
in Poland.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman