Subject: [Leica] Vancouver Island as a refuge???
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:04:47 +0000

Hi to all who live on the island.  We are tired of the heat and smoke here
in Yakima and are planning our fall trip.  Every place we wanted to go is
either smoky or now under water.  As an alternative, I was thinking of
taking a camping trip up the island and was wondering from those who might
know, how the smoke situation is on Vancouver Island, all the way up and
down.  Is it far enough away, and in the right direction, from all the smoke
from the large Canadian fire the we might be able to get a few breaths of
fresh air for a week or so as we head towards Port Hardy?

Also, if you know of any good sites to see, places to visit, and camping
spots please feel free to clue me in.  At the end of the trip I would like
to know of any camping near Victoria that will not break the bank, too.

Thanks

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Vancouver Island as a refuge???)