Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pho
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 08:30:22 +0000 (UTC)

I have astigmatism and am short sighted. I used hard contact lenses for
decades until I couldn't read without glasses if I had my contact lenses
in.I discussed the situation with my optician who proposed the laser surgery
with one distance eye and one for reading, I was unsure but he offered to
make me contact lenses which did the same so I could try it for a month. I
did acclimatise but found, for example, that I was unable to recognise the
species of distant birds and so forth when out walking, and I found reading
a bit uncomfortable so I decided against laser surgery.In the end I decided
that if I needed glasses at all I may as well have them all the time, to
avoid losing them (my wife has dozens of readers all over the place but can
never find any). I didn't want to lose my near sight without specs for doing
fine work.Now I wear varifocals all the time except reading in bed, where I
don't need glasses, and at my main computer where non varifocals made to
suit mean I don't have to crane my neck, I am fine at my laptop with the
varifocals.
It seems different compromises suit different people.cheers,Frank D.

    On Thursday, 7 September 2017, 20:33, Tina Manley <tmanley at gmail.com>