Subject: [Leica] Dubai
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:39:55 +0100

Yes, Jayanand, and guess where the idea of duty free came from? Ireland
:-) We set up the first one in the world way back after WW2 at Shannon
airport, and, back in the '80s, a team from Ireland set up the Dubai
duty free: I think there's an Irish guy running it still. Dubai's ruler
is mad about horses and has more than a few of them being trained over
here, so that may have helped us get the deal...

I last landed at Shannon in 1970, but drove into it to have a brief look
the weekend before last. It's seems a lot bigger these days.

Douglas