Subject: [Leica] lightroom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:37:32 -0400

Jim what?s on my mind as of late is your use of the word ?processing? to
mean ?processing?!
It?s a breath of fresh air!
?Processing? is not called ?processing? any more it?s called anything but.
It?s called ?editing? it?s called ?shopping? its called ?post processing?
its called ?image manipulation?.
But it?s never just called ?processing? any more.  That would be bad.
They want to make it sound evil; like something you should not do.
Sorry! It?s a pet peeve of mine.

Processing.
It comes after talking a picture a bit down the line.
1. Editing
2. Shopping
3. Post Processing
4. Image manipulation.
   Are all words which have replaced it.
Weasel words!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Yes I process my pictures and I?m proud of it!

On 10/18/17, 11:41 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Nichols"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jhnichols
at lighttube.net> wrote:

    Ric, I was late making the move to LRCC, having been unimpressed during
    my earlier attempts to use the trial versions.  But, I finally bought
    into the subscription version, and, with some effort, have learned to
    appreciate what it can do.  I do not take advantage of its indexing and
    filing systems, preferring my earlier system.  But, for photo
    processing, it works great for me.  The $11, including tax, that shows
    up on my Visa bill each month blends right in with simple meal charges,
    and is not much of a burden.  For me, it meets my needs.

    Jim Nichols
    Tullahoma, TN USA

    On 10/18/2017 10:31 AM, RicCarter wrote:
    > Now that Adobe appears to have screwed the pooch on any future of
using Lightroom without a subscription, where are we headed?