Subject: [Leica] Leica, RIP
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 05:22:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

I was told, in late September, that it was done and it was scheduled to ship
back to me while we were on vacation.. so I delayed the shipment.

I called today to find out status, and was told it

a)     Was not done

b)    Leica is still waiting on parts

c)     That the turnaround time for Monochrom is always 20 + weeks  ( first
time I was given any repair time frame)

d)    There was no commitment to rush

e)     No trade in towards a CMOS Monochrom was ever made

f)      No offer (ever) to loan me a camera until my camera was repaired

Do they wonder why anyone would buy a camera from them after this kind of
mind boggling behavior?
You pushed me to the limit, Leica.  The love affair is over.
<<<

The final nail in the coffin for me was the eight months to evaluate the
repairs needed for my 280/4 APO then sending it back un-repaired supposedly
for lack of parts.  The final insult was a smashed rear cap.

DAG repaired the lens in a few weeks.  It needed three screws.

I agree with Frank: "You pushed me to the limit, Leica.  The love affair is
over."

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com