Subject: [Leica] Two B&W with film
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 23:22:23 -0500

After my first maybe only lull in printing for many a decade I finally got
an Epson P800 last week (a 17 inch pigment printer)  and am ready to get
going on my first new portfolio in a decade and a new show or two. f 17x22 ?
and be there!
I have no nostalgic memories of my darkroom life and output and am finding
no reasons to go back to doing that.
My inkjet prints are in all ways superior than my darkroom output. A result
which is not a minority opinion.
Photographers who were five or ten years ago offering their images in both
inkjet and darkroom are not doing the darkroom option any more.
Inkjet prints look like a cross between a platinum print and a silver
gelatin darkroom.
They look better not worse than any process black and white or color
darkroom print.
I use Hahnem?hle Photo Rag? 308gsm 100% Cotton white paper.

There was no 100% rag cotton paper ever made for darkroom work that I know
of.
Your matt board for sure was 100% rag cotton. Your prints had plenty of wood
pulp in it.

--

Mark William Rabiner