> There are two sub sects of ready made buyers - remember at Leica pricing and consequent obscene margins, you > do not have to sell too many units to make a decent Return On Investment (ROI in financial parlance).

You know what Leica's profit margin is?

> I am afraid they have left nuts and bolts photographers in the dust. When you can get a complete Nikon D850,  > or Sony A7R III system with quite a few exemplary lenses, I find it very difficult to make the case for a Leica SL,   > under any circumstances, given the bulk and weight.

I have not used the SL, but I know that Leica files are different, to me far better, than Nikon.  This was brought back to me as a friend photographed my wedding on a D810 and the colours/files are so crude compared to what I am used to.

> They are, however, going to navigate some rough weather, because with the excellent new Fuji and Hasselblad
> offerings in the MF (or rather, larger than FF) segment, at the extremely competitive price points, I expect Leica > S sales to have dropped off already.

Both are 14bit files compared to 16bit from the S, people who have an S system and one of the others usually still prefer Leica lenses....

John

Message from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] SL system forthcoming glass)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] SL system forthcoming glass)