Thanks, Phillipe, and Jim. This was a rush assignment with 16 hour's
notice. It had to be done at her house right when she came home from
school, and a photo sent to the musical organization immediately. I
don't do formal portraits, and have no experience or equipment for it.
Her mother is an old chamber music and orchestra friend. And her teacher
is one of my best friends.? So I improvised.? :-)

You are absolutely right about the third one. I've cropped out the
furniture and replaced it on flickr.

Yes, I am that tall:? 6' 3", or 190 cm.? I did a lot of crouching for
the pictures, and my knees HURT!

--Peter

 > Lovely model with such a smile and so graceful.
 >
 > The first two would have gained by setting your subject further apart
from the wall - the second one is less affected in its left part though.

 > I like the angle (standing on a chair? you can?t be THAT tall ;-)
 > But please, chop that furniture off in the third one Peter ;-)
 >
 > OTT; since she apparently accepted to pose for you, the lighting
could have been more carefully studied - I?m thinking of the reflections
on her skin and those shadows, and a little staging wouldn?t have hurt.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/27979306419/in/dateposted-public/>

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/39726398352/in/dateposted-public/>

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/27979306299/in/dateposted-public/>