Subject: [Leica] Sony Cameras Electronic first Shutter Curtain
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:35:32 +0000

On four Sony cameras that I?ve owned, three had Silent Shutter as an actual
setting.  The original A7r that was stolen from me did not.

When set to SS, there?s no sound from the camera upon exposure save lens
aperture or focus, barely audible.

First shutter may behave similar, but I do believe it emits a sound.

As to the color bits issue,  I find it negligible.

Color is the strong point of the A7r2 and a7r3, as it is on the A7s. Else I
would not dare the attempt on roses and other pure red and orange flowers
that I do.
 Just look at my body of work for examples. For something like 16 years
I?ve been posting my flowers on this site. Leica, Panasonic, oly, Pentax;
I?ve tried them all.  When I got to Sony I stopped looking.
I spend a bit of time editing my pictures but color is not usually part of
the effort.

Sonny

--
Regards,