Subject: [Leica] Anyone with experience using Capture One and PhotoShop?
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:15:31 -0800

Greg,
I use C1 and PSCC. I find that the adjustments in raw processing in C1 are
more refined. I agree with Ken about Tony Kuyper's luminosity masks. Great
addition to PS.
PS to me, like you Greg, was difficult and "counterintuitive, however I
took a three day class from Charlie Cramer that he offers near the San Jose
Airport and it totally opened my eyes and mind to PS. Charlie has been a
color printer since the days before digital and teaches PS for
photographers. I've taken it twice now (guess I'm slow) and it's fantastic
and relatively inexpensive (esp. since I don't have to fly to S.J). If you
belong to Luminous Landscape ($12/year) there is a 4 part series with
Charlie. He's one of my favorite landscapers and his eye for color and
composition is wonderful IMO.

C1 is a steep learning curve, and Charlie uses LR. But I enjoy C1,
especially as I use a Phase One MFDB. But I use C1 on all my files now.
What I don't like about C1 is that you cannot open the raw file, after
adjustment, as a smart object in PS (AFAIK), but that has not been a show
stopper for me. Contact off-line if I can help any.
Best,
Bob

Bob Adler
www.robertadlerphotography.com