Subject: [Leica] Off & Tired Topic Warning: the Billingham Hadley Pro
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 03:41:52 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Great bags/accessories, extremely well crafted,
mid/high price range, many styles/sizes. Ultra functional.

https://www.wotancraft.tw/product/trooper-m-ash-green

Montie

Team,

I?ve been a Domke user for about a billion years. So, there?s that. In SLR
land, I carried two F-2 bags: one for bodies and lenses, one for lights and
remotes. In Leica M land, I always carried, and still do, a well-worn F-6
(the ?little bit smaller bag?). The problem is just that, though: it?s
well-worn. While is has many more miles on it, for sure, I?d like to have
something not so worn for those times when such isn?t exactly the best
option.

I?m enticed by the Billingham Hadley Pro. I?ve been flummoxed, though, in my
efforts to actually put my hands on one. New Orleans? No dice. DC? Same.
Jackson? You?ve lost your mind.  I?m limited to my experience with various
photos from the likes of the Billingham website and B&H, etc.

Here?s my query: Has anyone moved from a thicker bag like a Domke (the four
compartment insert is a thing of beauty because one can always access each
compartment) to a more slimline bag like the Billingham? How did it change
your shooting style? Your storage style? Access? It appears that equipment
will take more digging to access in the B?ham, for example. Is the
experience more vertical?

For reference, my current usual M kit consists of an M10, 35, 50, 90, flash
w/ diffuser, and the normal accessories (extra battery, memory cards, lens
cloth, pen, flashlight, glucose monitor (ok, fine, that?s not a normal piece
of kit, and Leica doesn?t make one, but I have to carry one anyway).
Sometimes, there is a super-wide with finder.

Thoughts? Anyone made that exact swap?

Here?s to my second totally subjective question in a week. Thanks for
sharing your experiences.

Frank F. Farmer
Jackson, Mississippi