Subject: [Leica] moving beyond Adobe
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 19:19:56 -0700

Hi Brian.? I have not succumbed yet, either.? I have looked at other
possibilities, but since I have been using LR since version 1, and
keywording and developing over 60K photos, I have a large investment in
time and energy with LR.? If I were to find something else, I would have
to either export all my files as TIFF or loose all my work.? I do not
see me abandoning Adobe for that reason.? However, I have not found much
new in the CC versions over 6.14 that I cannot do without, but they are
getting close. Perhaps the inclusion of profiles in 7.3 might be the
tipping point. I have been playing with it on my father-in-law's
computer since it came out and I can see the potential.? I also like the
masks you can apply to the brushes and the grad filter.? So, as I said,
I am close to paying the ransom.? I will hang on to LR6 and CS6 as they
will always work and I own them, unless I get a new camera, as Phlippe
says, that will require I either upgrade or use the Adobe DNG converter,
but that will add a few steps.

Aram

Replies: Reply from photobynelsch at gmail.com (Photo by Nelsch via iMac) ([Leica] moving beyond Adobe)