Subject: [Leica] moving beyond Adobe
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 12:26:10 -0700

Ome thing I've learned from watching all of these upgrade questions is
that many people do what I do with Adobe software, which is to cling to
the last pre-CC version, because CC veersions all have monthly fees.

I use Photoshop CS6, InDesign CS6, Lightroom 5.7, and Dreamweaver CS6. I
cannot bear the thought of signing up for monthly fees.

I wonder if Affinity is ready to be real competition for Adobe. I've
used Photoshop for at least 20 years, and I can do anything with it. My
fingers and spinal cord know how to use it. Ditto for Dreamweaver. Once
a year I have to consult the manual for InDesign, but it is also an
integral part of my life. Lightroom just works; there's not much of a
learning curve.

I'm tempted to buy some Affinity products and try them out, but I
haven't done it yet. Mostly for lack of time to learn something new.
Have any of you tried to let go of Adobe, and, if so, where did you go
and how did you like it?

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] moving beyond Adobe)
Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] moving beyond Adobe)