Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 27/4/2018: first day in Aarhus
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:55:59 +0200

Copenhagen is nice, it is a beautiful city with lots of stuff going on, my
parents are buried there, I have friends there?but the best place in the
world is my hometown Aarhus, on the eastern coast of Jutland, about 3 hours
west of Copenhagen. It is not a big city?about 330,000 inhabitants?but it
has a cultural life and life in general to rival much bigger places. And
once again, it is my hometown where many places contain fond memories.

On my first full day in Aarhus, my friend Lars (with whom I am staying, as
usual) and I prepared for the following days cycling event, a 200 km brevet
in central Jutland. The preparations consisted of getting our gear together,
eating well (no alcohol!), taking a little 50 km ride just to warm up the
legs, and otherwise just resting.

Our ride took us west of Aarhus, to a suburb called Brabrand, where Lars
grew up and where we have spent many happy times. But also the place where
his father, who died almost 20 years ago, is buried. We stopped at the small
cemetery adjacent to Brabrand church:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WKCdXn3/A

The grave of Lars?s father. I was one of the pall-bearers at his funeral,
the only non-family member, because I am, almost, part of the Mogensen
family:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3mKfMgX/A

The cemetary kitty came over to say hello to us:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-jmrCdvs/A

We then continued on into the nice landscape of eastern Jutland. This is
what the Spanish call ?mi tierra?, my country:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-sKRxX8H/A

In the evening, Lars made us a nice, healthy dinner, and then we just spent
the time engaging in what Danes call ?hygge?:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-q4xNSqs/A

We were getting up at 4:30 the following morning to be at the starting point
of the bike event at 7:00, in a town 90 km from Aarhus.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain