Subject: [Leica] IMG: LR Conversion
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 08:50:13 +0100

FWIW, I agree with  the sentiment in the first sentence, namely that digital
isn't the same as film and that there is something fundamentally different
about
the two.

Given the predominance of digital and its relative ease of use I would like
be able to "make it behave" more like film. By that I mean give me the same
characteristics as film has in respect of depth, subtlety and so on. Whether
you
add grain or not is a matter of personal preference (IMHO). Imitating the
response of various films is a matter of the programmer's skill and somewhat
more subtle.

The closest I have seen to what I want were some shots using M9s that someons
posted a while back. But then I can't afford a digital M. Which is why I am
thinking more and more about film. Even if it is C-41 :-)

Peter