Subject: [Leica] IMG: From My Kodak APS Days
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 16:05:31 -0500

Back in those days, I sent an APS Konica (Revio?) with my daughter for a
year in Aix en Provence as an easy-carry rig.? She had good photography
basic habits and came home with surprisingly solid snapshots.? A small
mom & pop shop in her block did very nice, careful processing.? She
would stop for her pictures and always allow time for the elderly lady
to unwrap the prints from tissue with a nice bow.? She would go through
every shot and explain how she printed it.? Some had 5 test prints
before she got it just right sometimes.? She would send the test prints
home with her, too.? What a fortunate find for my daughter....? She
returned there and taught for a year but I sent a small 35mm SLR that
time and I can't say the snap-sized shots were much better than the
carefully processed APS.

--

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: From My Kodak APS Days)