Subject: [Leica] Problem when uploading in the Gallery with "Upload Applet"
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 11:50:50 -0700

This is a problem for which I do not yet have a solution.

The open-source "gallery" software that the LUG Gallery uses became
unsupported when its chief engineer was hired by Google to work on
Picasa. It isn't going to change much. I'm guessing that Google asked
him to stop working on his open-source photo gallery software as a
condition of being hired. Just a guess.

The Java system is becoming more and more unwelcome as time passes. The
restrictions that operating systems place on it keep getting worse. So
the Java applet is not going to be updated, but the operating systems on
the computers that run it are getting more fierce.

I will study this problem over the weekend to see if there might be a
solution. It probably won't involve Java.

Message from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram) ([Leica] Problem when uploading in the Gallery with "Upload Applet")