Subject: [Leica] IMGS: A visit to "Ancient Village", Guangdong Province, China
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 14:22:26 -0400

Thanks, guys!!  High praise, indeed!.

I love your photos, Adam.  I have been to that village.  I found the people
to be very hospitable and welcoming but it was several years ago.  I don't
think the impression of Americans throughout the world has improved in
recent years.  :-(

We stayed with a family there (we had rented an apartment in Beijing and
the owner had lots of friends all over China) and even though they could
not speak a word of English and we knew no Chinese, we got along fine and
were treated like honored guests.  I'm afraid those times might be over for
Americans in a great part of the world.

Tina

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Adam Bridge via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>