Subject: [Leica] IMGS: A visit to "Ancient Village", Guangdong Province, China
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:34:59 -0400

"She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't
see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't
thought of that girl."
Citizen Kane 1941

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 5/11/18, 12:37 PM, "LUG on behalf of Adam Bridge via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    I?m sure that seeing Tina?s work has helped me see better! Even making
the comparison to her images is high praise.

    The bridge shot will always be a study in frustration for me. I made two
exposures and then wanted a slightly different angle. As I was changing
position the model twirled and spun her umbrella in a very girlish way. By
the time I got the camera up she was walking off the bridge. But I?ll always
have that image in my mind!

    Adam

    > On 2018 May 11, at 9:03 AM, CartersXRd via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    > several of these remind me of Tina?s work
    >
    > i LOVE the bridge
    >
    > ric
    >

    >> On May 11, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Adam Bridge via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    >> Our recent trip to China took us to Huangyao Ancient Town. I highly
recommend a visit. The town is surrounded by towering karst formations
giving an almost surreal feel. As I walked in the early morning I could
almost believe I was in the time of emperors.

    >> I awoke early and walked through the streets before the crowds began
to show up.

    >> This mom had just finished nursing her little one and was chatting
with a friend before starting the work day:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Travel/2018-China-Adams-Cut/i-hZV8qpd/A>

    >> And this little fellow was intent on watching the art of dragon mask
repair over (possibly) his grandmother?s shoulder:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Travel/2018-China-Adams-Cut/i-JQhkFxT/A>

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Travel/2018-China-Adams-Cut/i-B7J4BLK>

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Travel/2018-China-Adams-Cut/i-ChRdFrD/A>

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Travel/2018-China-Adams-Cut/i-wq7ZDsg/A>

    >> Small shrines were located all around the village. Various villagers,
almost exclusively women, lit them:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Travel/2018-China-Adams-Cut/i-wq7ZDsg/A>

    >> I gather that the reach of the Cultural Revolution was not as strong
in the south as it was closer to Beijing. Religion was, and remains,
stronger in this part of China.

    >> We seemed to be the only obvious foreigners. I was invited to be
included into group photographs. Clearly this was NOT because of any
compelling photographic beauty on my part.