Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 20/5/2018: two very different scenes from yesterday's bike ride
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 18:33:32 +0200

I live about 5 km north of the centre of Alicante, so when I want to cycle
south to the towns of Elche and Santa Pola, my route takes me through the
very heart of the city. Yesterday was one of those days?I had done a tough
ride in the mountains on Saturday, so yesterday I wanted to ?rest? a bit
with a substantial enough ride, 74 km, but in largely flat terrain.

In the centre of Alicante I found the main thoroughfare blocked for a half
marathon. Of course, I stopped to photograph some of the runners. This is
one of my favourite images, since all three runners in the frame are
suffering to a greater or lesser degree:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WTNBRCB/A

After 42 km, I took my only break of the ride, in the fishing harbour of
Santa Pola. I just sat on a bench for a few minutes, drinking my Coke and
eating a banana (standard cyclist snack), and watching the human traffic.
This trio attracted my attention. People say that dogs and their humans
resemble each other; well, sometimes they do, but not in this case:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-MxCJgkv/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman