Subject: [Leica] Where are the people?
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:13:36 -0400

I was requested by several local papers to review a photoshow in one of the
most prestigious galleries in the Hudson valley. The juror was Dr. Bernard
Kessler, a noted photographer who is on the faculty of several colleges and
has won more than his share of awards and prizes. Sixty five photos,
including two of mine, were selected of the several hundred submitted. What
is notable about the show is that only two photos had discernible people in
them. Photos of people are left to the ubiquitous cell phone. It appears
that photographers using modern digital or film cameras don?t take pictures
of people any more. They shoot landscapes and close ups. I must admit that I
fall into the same trap. One of my pictures was taken with a Leica CL, the
other with an Olympus DSLR. I take snaps of my wife, kids and grandchildren
with a pocket sized P&S camera. It is so easy to use and the recipients
won?t appreciate the quality of a larger camera.

Replies: Reply from matthewnshunt at gmail.com (Matthew Hunt) ([Leica] Where are the people?)
Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] Where are the people?)