Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bee at 1/1000 of a Second
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 11:43:45 -0700

Hi Jim,
Over the years while shooting this type of image, bees, birds & butterflies.
DAISIES in a wind?
I automatically set the shutter speed at the highest possible speed to try
and stop the wings and or any motion at all "FOR A CORRECT EXPOSURE! That is
unless I wanted a "SWISHY-PAN" BLURR EFFECT FOR MOVEMENT!" then a slower
speed was selected creating the amount of blur effect I wished to capture.
In your case I have no problem with photo
blur at all. The one with a minor hardly able to discern motion is
acceptable! UNLESS? YOU WERE INTENDING ON DEAD STOPPING THE WINGS???? If
not? No problem.
Anytime one is shooting birds, bees and other winged things??
If you are considering stopping all motion you must use the highest shutter
speed possible first and foremost! There isn't any thought required at all!
"THE HIGHER THE BETTER!"
However?  If you intend on any "blur effect?" THINK SLOW! That is your
decision.
cheers,
Dr. ted grant O.C.