Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bee at 1/1000 of a Second
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 14:06:07 -0500

Hi Ted,

I appreciate your point of view, and usually agree.? However, in many
cases, for me anyway, it's about compromises.? First, there's the usual
concerns about DOF, ISO, and Shutter Speed.? Then, there's personal
preference.? I usually prefer a hint of wing movement to keep the image
from being too static.? That's how I ended up here with f/5.6, 1/1000,
and ISO 800.? I can see that 1/2000 and ISO 1600 might have been a
better choice in this case. In the butterfly image, the lighting drove
the ISO to 2500, giving me noise problems to deal with.

Like I said, for me, it's about compromises.

Thanks for looking and passing on your advice.? I'm only a year behind
you, but can't seem to catch up!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA