Subject: [Leica] OT: Sim Chip in Europe
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 15:36:08 -0400

I never tried to get a data-only SIM in Europe. When I am in Europe for
extended period, I just get a prepaid SIM that comes with data. In France
and Italy and Switzerland, this was not a problem. The carrier usually
allows personal hotspot so his iPad should be able to connect off the phone
if there is no wifi available. [McDonalds always have public wifi]

Brian?s point about phone model should be noted. My iPhone never had any of
the frequency band issues but I am using a generic iPhone. Not sure which
frequency bands iPhone from T-Mobile uses. I have vague memories that
T-Mobile uses a slightly different set of frequency bands compared to other
North American carriers.