Subject: [Leica] Nikon Z mount spec..... Lens register distance......
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 13:35:03 -0400

I wonder if this, the angle of the image hitting the sensor has anything to
do with the form factor of Nikons Z lens just being shown the 50 1.8 which
from across the street looking at it you'd think it was a 105mm lens. It?s a
long lens for a 50. But they're doing that now elongating standard primes as
Zeiss has done is it because they want all the light to go in straight back
to the sensor?

The lens we're all waiting to see is the 50mm .95 Z Nikor which seems to be
being called a Noctilux. A name I'd think Leica would have a little patent
on.
It's all about the amazing increase in size of the lens mount diameter  55
mm from 44 mm of the F mount whose small diameter compared to all other
modern systems has been a point of contention and problems for decades as
Canon changed its mount of AF while Nikon did not.
No more trying to pump light through a keyhole.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 8/24/18, 9:11 PM, "LUG on behalf of Frank Filippone"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of red735i
at verizon.net> wrote:

     Nikon Z6 and Z7 are reported to have a lens register ( distance from
lens flange to "film" plane) of 16mm.

    The Sony A7 and A9 series has a lens register of 18mm.

    Which means that some day on the not too distant future, you can bolt
your M lenses to a Nikon body ( and have the same oblique lens rays problems
that you have with the Sony....)

    Anyway, at least it does give you a choice....... and Nikon has the best
low noise algorithms of the high resolution sensors......

    Frank Filippone
    Red735i at verizon.net