From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 09:27:16 -0700

I found Tina?s comment insightful simply because I?ve never viewed gender as
having any role in photography at all. I think if we all were just initials
or screen names devoid of any gender or national significance I?d read the
photos and the comments the same way.

I?ve never seen art as a domain for any gender - although point of view can
be important to understand how a work might be interpreted. But that
threatens to devolve into some form of art criticism and that?s something I
literally know nothing about.

Setting all aside: Tina, I know few photographers whose work, thoughts, and
opinions matter more to me.

Glad you?re around.

And to Gary: I?m sorry I don?t use a lot of Leica gear any more. I?m not a
professional, I don?t make money from my work, and the trade-offs between
Leica and Fuji/Sony are such that while I use Leica glass the bodies are
simply beyond me.

This group has evolved, especially as the digital revolution has moved us
past discussions of film processing, developing, and printing technique. But
this is such a friendly place that, even when I don?t have the time to
devote to reading all the posts and viewing all the photos, I find it to be
a kind of coming home.

I appreciate your sharing and hope, should you take the plunge and sign off,
that you find another forum.

Best!

Adam Bridge