From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 15:44:17 -0700

"HI CREW!" I suppose it should be something more like? "Hey Family" :-)
because that's what the LUG was some many years ago. Not just folks on a
computer screen, but on the phone, even better, "face TO face!" during Leica
Seminars where many LUG family members attended during past years and where
I met a number face to face as I was the LEICA CAMERA lecturer.
:-)Unfortunately it has quietly slipped away! :-( Those with the abilities
of travelling about the world enjoyed the most fantastic enjoyments of
meeting LUGGERS in various countries. A blessing in itself!
The LUG without question became a wonderful "LEICA camera club" note "camera
club!" Where new versions of LEICA cameras with all the incredible super
modern bits and pieces made the cameras become incredible to use. More so
than other cameras? Beyond the pocket books of many devout users. :-( ERGO?
With-in the LUG the LEICA USERS became less and less. Many newbies were
users of other manufacture. This unfortunately opened the door for more &
more users of every cotton pickin' make possible.
"I LOVED THE LUG!" Still do! Guys & Gals were brothers and sisters in
quality of Leica images captured. Unfortunately?? That high level of
consistent LEICA image quality had moments of slippage as greater numbers
joined the family????????? But in fairness, everyone has to learn. But years
ago competent "Leica USERS" were in greater number. Ergo? "The photo quality
level was higher!" Well many were competent shooters because their shooting
level experience was longer in practise.
Oh I'll get arguments over that, but please hold your breath as it's true!
Certainly, if you are an "old timer LUG-RAT" like I??
Today it seems everybody and his sisters can post images"the BEST
IMAGINABLE. And unfortunately?" The general level in the olden days was
higher than we see today, why?
Well I'm not going to try to touch that. However? Is it because there are
greater numbers on the LUG of unskilled shooters? I'll leave that to the
family???????
cheers,
Dr.ted Grant O.C.

                                                             Suite 101,
PARKWOOD PLACE .

3051 SHELBOURNE St., Victoria, B.C. CANADA

                                    V8R 6T2
250-477-2156