Subject: [Leica] A Tribute to R. Doisneau
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:57:10 +0200

I suppose you have read ?The mind?s eye?, as far as I know HCB has never
used the expression ?The decisive moment?, his first book published in
France was the tittle ?Images ? la sauvette? with the famous cover by
Matisse.

The American editor was searching an attractive tittle for the English
edition, and was inspired by the quote by the Cardinal de Retz

"There is nothing in this world that does not have a decisive moment?

In his book HCB says many things as the one I reproduce bellow, but if I
remember well, never, never ?The decisive moment?,  this was a succesful
marketing name!

"To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a
second, of the significance of an event as well as of a precise organization
of forms which give that event its proper expression?

LLuis