Subject: [Leica] tripod suggestions
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 19:12:23 +0530

Just a quick point - I personally think a Chinese make called Sirui is
almost as good as Gitzo/RRS, which means extremely good quality indeed, at
a fraction of the price. I have both a Gitzo 3 series/RRS BH55 and a Sirui
2205X/Arcatech GPSS (for travel) setup, so i have personal experience of
both. Both take a Sidekick without a problem, and balance my Nikon D850 and
a 200-400mm (my heaviest camera/ lens combo) sturdily and safely. If I were
buying a heavy duty tripod today, I would not look at anything else.

Cheers
Jayanand