Subject: [Leica] "No one is using film" Seems an odd comment
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 14:27:59 -0700

Film has gotten hard to get in Portland, not because stores do not stock it,
they do, ProPhoto, Blue Moon, Citizen?s Shutterbug Chain and ShadowSmith
regularly report folks coming in and buying hundreds of dollars worth of
film at a time. Fortunately, I have a freezer full.

The PDX Camera show last weekend was flooded with all ages seeking film and
film cameras?the film stocks, even decades out of date, were selling for
$3-5 a roll of normal stuff?and gone by noon?

Mark R may prefer digital for his work and workflow which is awesome?but?I
miss the old days say 2005-2011ish when I could pick up a Hasselblad 500c
Chrome 80 12 back for $150, a Nikon F3 for $40?film sales have grown for
several years now year over year?which is good.

But then I am weird as I still use Leica SM and R cameras and lenses and
Olympus OM and Rollei and Minox to 8 x 10

And film and digital Leica M

And Film and FX Digital Nikon

And Fuji X?

Oh, BTW the Svema thin poly base ?120? can be rolled onto existing 220 paper
ends?I am trying to talk them into spooling 220 as a stock item

Mark in PDX
who is loading TMax into his Rolleiflex 3.5 as we speak (a heck of a trade
from the show, a 500EL with A24 and Kiev NC2 for a NEW (literally) old stock
3.5 Automat 2 with Xenar ad the other guy was happier than I am)