Subject: [Leica] B&W
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 19:45:30 -0400

FP4 is light bright and snappy looking than Plus x it?s the shape of the
curve not the amount of development or paper contrast.
B&H has Delta 100 a tab grain film which is as sharp and grainless as
Agfapan 25 was.
If you liked the look of Plus X I'd shoot Delta 400 which though two stops
faster has less grain and as much sharpness but depending on which developer
and dilution. The stuff you read on the internet on the old films being
better is really dumb stuff. Test it yourself.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 10/2/18, 4:28 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Hemenway"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jim at
hemenway.com> wrote:

    Hi Folks:

    I'm down to my last three rolls of my beloved Kodak Plus-X film.

    Can anyone recommend an Ilford film which is similar to Plus-X...
    perhaps FP4?

    Thanks,

    Jim Hemenway - still using film, but saving my pennies for the new
    Pentax full frame,
    hopefully before my expiration date.