Subject: [Leica] Trouble in the middle of nowhere...
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 19:15:09 -0700

Well, we were 150 miles from our home base (father-in-law) and he called
me on the walkie talkie that he had problem with his rig. We pulled over
in the middle of nowhere.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/broken+down+-9667.jpg.html

Saw smoke from under his truck and then with a careful look, a
"waterfall" of diesel fuel pouring out from under the engine. Called AAA
and it took two hours for them to get to us (middle of nowhere).? Big
truck to tow him back home.? $760 out of pocket.

He looks a bit dejected.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/broken+down+-9667.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/broken+down+-9670.jpg.html

Well, today we tore into the engine and found the culprit.? A bracket
that was suppose to prevent a fuel line from vibrating did not do its
job, I guess, because over the years (since 2003) it wore away on the
steel tube and wore a hole in the tube.? Took a bit to remove it, but we
did and got the part today to put in tomorrow when it is cooler.

My wife documented the disassembly.

gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/Do+you+see+my+contact+lens--170944.jpg.html

For those who cannot recognize me, I am the one on the right and my 95
year old father-in-law is on the left.? Yes, he drives is own truck and
5th wheel.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f8/bf/Do+you+see+my+contact+lens--170943.jpg.html

I will work on more enjoyable photos from our trip later, after we get
it back together tomorrow.

Comments welcome

Aram

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] [LRflex] Trouble in the middle of nowhere...)