Subject: [Leica] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France
From: douglasb50 at hotmail.com (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:56:19 +0000

Very poignant, Philippe - torn between two countries. It's a lose lose
situation whichever way you turn. Several of my relatives served in the
British forces during WW1, but then they returned home and fought for Irish
independence.

Your village - Mungg? - was it on the front line? I ask as I see rising
ground with trees on it in a couple of the images that remind me of
abandoned fortifications?

Douglas
Douglas Barry
Monkstown,