Subject: [Leica] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France - THANKS + Douglas
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:25:16 +0100

Thank you all for viewing and commenting

Douglas : my village is called La Petite Pierre ( Little Stone in French).
In the local dialect it goes by the name of Lutzelstein (very close to old
English as it goes). Mungg is a joke. I nicknamed our new to us house Mungg,
with reference to a Swiss lodge in a Swiss village we used to go a lot to,
before buying our own Mungg (which means Marmot in the Swiss dialect over
there).

No serious battles here, even if General Leclerc?s 2nd Armoured Division
stopped there for the night on their way to free Strasbourg (WWII). The
Ligne Maginot is a bit further north. And Germany about 50km from there.

The city was fortified indeed, under Louis XIVth rule, by Vauban who was the
leading engineer. And then again by Napoleon, etc.

Here?s an attempt to copy the address in Google view. Our house should be in
the top left corner, next to the 135 yellow label, along the Route de
Zittersheim. Meadows on one side, forest on the other one, downhill for a
few km and the next village.
https://www.google.com/maps/@48.8550328,7.3193726,861a,35y,11.56h,44.77t/data=!3m1!1e3

<https://www.google.com/maps/@48.8550328,7.3193726,861a,35y,11.56h,44.77t/data=!3m1!1e3>

Thanks again