You loose so much in terms of fringing, slow operation and hazardous rings,
focusing wide open and then closing down, manual focusing, flare,
distortion, ease of use, that any kit lens ( well the leica ones aren?t
cheap I must admit ) is probably better in the field than older faithful and
trusted ones.

George of the icicles spoke of systems (lens and body). And he most
certainly is even more right these days than when he wrote it.

As a frustrated R user (R3MOT, R4, R8), I claim that Leica never lived up to
the promise of an  ? adequate solution ? for R users and lens owners.

The SL is a new system per se, and should be used as such I?m both happy and
sorry to say.

Amities

Philippe